venerdì 8 febbraio 2013

Lady of Avalon

Lady of Avalon by Caroline Gully Lir
http://www.skylightpublishing.com/gullylir/index.htm
Where am I to turn, if not to you?
What other arms can soothe me like yours do?
What other heart could hold the depths of my pain?
What other tears could cleanse me like the falling rain?


I will turn to You, my Lady
Mother of the Northern Winds
Keeper of the Eastern Star Fire
Where the sea and earth begins

What other eyes could see me in my naked shame
and hear me calling out when there's no one else to blame?
Who will come and hold me when there's so much to forgive
and breathe sweet life into me when I've nothing left to give?

I will turn to You, my Lady
Mother of the Southern Seas
Keeper of the Western Earth Womb
Goddess of Deep Mysteries

Where can I go when all I love has mocked me?
Where can I rest when pain is etched into my bones?
Who will silence questions when I have no more answers?
Who will bring me confort when my tears have turned into stones?

I will turn to You, my Lady
Maiden, Lover, Mother, Crone
Warrior of the heart and mind
Keeper of the sacred bones

Whose name shall I sing when to stars my soul is rising?
Who shall I dance to when with joy I'm overwhelmed?
Whose is the song that my pulsing blood is singing?
Whose is the land where my priestess soul is held?

I will turn to You, my Lady
And I'll never feel alone
For your song will set me free
And your voice will bring me home


*per la traduzione in italiano clicca qui: Signora di Avalon

Autrice: Jacqui Woodward-Smith, da Kathy Jones, Priestess of Avalon, Priestess of the Goddess, Glastonbury, Ariadne Publications, 2006, p. 24

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento